Visitors to Alpena are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and museums.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Alpena
- The closest major airport is in Alpena, MI (APN-Alpena County Regional), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alpena
Cultural venues in the city include Besser Museum, Alpena Civic Theater, and Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Island Park and Wildlife Sanctuary, Thomson Park, and Starlite Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Alpena Golf Club and Northern Lights Arena.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Alpena. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpena - Downtown - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable beds.
- Big Bear Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Of Alpena - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Alpena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 14°F at night
- Alpena gets about 28.15 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 12°F