Find Hotels in Alpena, MI
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $59
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 28, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 17, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 15, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 25, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 21, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 24, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 5, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 3, 2020
Visitors to Alpena are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and museums. A top sight in the city is Lake Huron.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Alpena
- The closest major airport is in Alpena, MI (APN-Alpena County Regional), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alpena
Cultural venues in the city include Alpena Civic Theater, Besser Museum, and Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lake Huron, Mich-E-Ke-Wis Park, and Starlite Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Northern Lights Arena and Alpena Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Alpena. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Big Bear Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Alpena - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Ramada by Wyndham Alpena - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Alpena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 14°F at night
- Alpena gets about 28.15 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 12°F