Visitors can enjoy all that Altoona has to offer including the shopping, lakeside setting, and breweries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its ski areas.
- You'll find 60 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Eau Claire
- The closest major airport is in Eau Claire, WI (EAU-Chippewa Valley Regional), 4.8 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Altoona
Places to visit in the larger region include Oakwood Mall, Schlegelmilch-McDaniel House, and Florian Gardens. You'll also find Children's Museum and Eau Claire Regional Arts Center in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Eau Claire - Altoona - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Altoona
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 5°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 7°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Altoona is 31.02 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 8°F