Find Motels in Amarillo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Amarillo
Amarillo Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 18 affordable motels in Amarillo among the more than 131 lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Amarillo has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Amarillo Museum of Art, American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame, and Don Harrington Discovery Center.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At many motels, you're likely to find free parking and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite Amarillo motels to select from:
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- An indoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Don Harrington Discovery Center and Westgate Mall.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame and Amarillo Museum of Art.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame and Amarillo Civic Center.
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Don Harrington Discovery Center and Westgate Mall.
- Enjoy access to the free parking and laundry facilities, as well as room amenities like cable TV.
What to Do in AmarilloThose visiting Amarillo love the entertainment and restaurants. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this family-friendly area while you're out sightseeing.
Here are some popular places:
- Amarillo Museum of Art
- American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame
- Don Harrington Discovery Center
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Palo Duro Canyon
- Amarillo Botanical Gardens
- John Stiff Memorial Dog Park
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Wonderland Amusement Park
- Amarillo Zoo
Amarillo is also known for its:
- Horseback riding
Best Time to Visit AmarilloDetermine the perfect time for your visit to Amarillo by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 67° F and nighttime temperatures average 23° F
- April-June: 91° F is the daytime average and 37° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 92° F and nighttime averages are around 51° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 77° F during the day and 23° F at night
- Average rainfall is 20.31 inches in a year
How to Get to Amarillo and Around the Area
|Amarillo, TX (AMA-Rick Husband Amarillo Intl.)||Airport||7.4 mi (11.9 km)|