Families will find kid-friendly activities in Amarillo, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, top-notch restaurants, and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights in the city include Amarillo Museum of Art, American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame, and Don Harrington Discovery Center.
- There are 140 hotels and other accommodations in Amarillo
- The closest major airport is in Amarillo, TX (AMA-Rick Husband Amarillo Intl.), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Amarillo
Cultural venues in the city include Amarillo Museum of Art, American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame, and Don Harrington Discovery Center. Favorite family attractions include Wonderland Amusement Park and Amarillo Zoo. The city is notable for landmarks like Cadillac Ranch, Harrington House, and Helium Monument.
In Amarillo, you'll find 140 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Amarillo - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo West - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Amarillo include Palo Duro Canyon, Amarillo Civic Center, and Westgate Mall.
Dressing for Amarillo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- Amarillo gets about 19.80 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 26°F