Find Hotels in Amboise
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jul 15, 2020
Visitors to Amboise are sure to enjoy the local tours, cafés, and gardens. This tucked away city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Parc des Expositions de Tours and Tours Cathedral.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Amboise
- The closest major airport is in Tours (TUF-Tours - Loire Valley), 12.4 mi (20 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Amboise
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chateau d'Amboise, St. Denis Church, and Pagoda of Chanteloup. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Clos Lucé Castle and Mini-Chateaux Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Amboise. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel Au Charme Rabelaisien - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Le Manoir les Minimes - Our customers like the central location and clean rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and 2 bars.
- Le Clos d'Amboise - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and room size.
Top places to visit outside the city include Parc des Expositions de Tours, 12.4 mi/19.9 km from the heart of the city, and Tours Cathedral, which is 13.6 mi (21.9 km) away.
Getting Around Amboise
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Amboise Station. Amboise may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Amboise
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Amboise gets about 26.46 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Amboise?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Amboise, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Amboise?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Amboise?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Amboise?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Amboise?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Amboise?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Château-Gaillard?
What about the best place to stay close to Clos Lucé Castle?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Amboise?
What's the best high-end hotel in Amboise?
Recent reviews of Amboise hotels
More trip options
- Amboise Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Amboise Airports
- Hotels near Popular Amboise Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Amboise
- More Hotel Options in Amboise
- More Popular Hotels in Centre-Loire Valley
- Other Hotels near Amboise, Centre-Loire Valley
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends