Find Motels in Amherst
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Amherst
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Amherst
Inn on Boltwood
Reviewed on Sep 3, 2020
Kimball Upstairs: Private Elegant 2 Bedroom Close To Everything In The Valley
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 16, 2020
Amherst Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Springfield area, there are 9 affordable motels among the more than 106 hotels and other accommodations. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs compared to traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of what Amherst has to offer. In the larger area, favorite places to visit include Volleyball Hall of Fame, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, and MassMutual Center.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the tired traveler taking a road trip along America's major roadways. Motels often include free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers' top motels to book in the larger area:
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of University of Massachusetts-Amherst and Amherst College.
- Enjoy access to the business center, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Coffee in the lobby along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Amherst is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away
- Enjoy access to the free parking, laundry facilities, and 24-hour front desk.
- Located 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the heart of Amherst
- Central Amherst is 9.7 mi (15.7 km) away
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the heart of Amherst
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
What to Do in AmherstPeople visiting Amherst like its shops and restaurants. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
Here are favorite places in and around Amherst:
- Volleyball Hall of Fame
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame
- MassMutual Center
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Mount Norwottuck
- Joseph Skinner State Park
- Smith College Botanic Garden
Some landmarks to see in the area include:
- Skinner State Park and Historic Summit House
- Historic Deerfield Village
- Field Memorial Library
Amherst is also popular for its:
- University life
Best Time to Visit AmherstFigure out the ideal time to visit Amherst by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 52° F and nighttime temperatures average 18° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 35° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 67° F during the day and 21° F at night
- Average rainfall is 44.68 inches in a year
How to Get to Amherst and Around the Area
|Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal)||Airport||17.6 mi (28.3 km)|
|Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.)||Airport||31.9 mi (51.4 km)|
|Worcester, MA (ORH-Worcester Regional)||Airport||34 mi (54.7 km)|
|Amherst Station||Train Station||0.4 mi (0.7 km)|