Visitors can enjoy all that Archanes-Asterousia has to offer including the wineries, museums, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. Palace of Knossos, Heraklion Archaeological Museum, and Natural History Museum of Crete are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Archanes-Asterousia
- The closest major airport is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Archanes-Asterousia
The city's cultural venues include Musical Workshop Labyrinth and Nikos Kazantzakis Museum. In the area, you'll also find Palace of Knossos and Heraklion Archaeological Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Archanes-Asterousia. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Archanes - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
- Eliathos Residence Houses - Our customers love the pool and helpful staff at this aparthotel. This 4-star aparthotel features a winery, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Natural History Museum of Crete, located 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Archanes-Asterousia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Archanes-Asterousia gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 48°F