Auckland Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 94 inexpensive motels in Auckland among more than 1160 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room, you can make the most of what Auckland has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Queen Street Shopping District, Sky Tower, and Auckland Town Hall.
Fun fact: Motels made their debut in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the tired traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motel properties often have free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers' best-rated Auckland motels available to book:
Auckland Airport Lodge
- Stay within a short 8-minute drive of Rainbow's End.
- Enjoy the in-room kitchen, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and an airport shuttle.
Best Western Newmarket Inn & Suites
- An outdoor pool and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a kitchenette.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Auckland War Memorial Museum and Queen Street Shopping District.
Epsom Motor Inn
- Enjoy access to the free parking and laundry facilities, as well as room amenities like a washer/dryer.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of One Tree Hill Domain and Auckland War Memorial Museum.
Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Rainbow's End and Alexandra Park.
- Room amenities like a kitchenette are included, along with freebies like parking, an airport shuttle, and a manager's reception.
Oakwood Manor Motor Lodge
- Stay within a short 7-minute drive of Rainbow's End.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and an airport shuttle.
Things to Do in Auckland
Enjoy the charming cafés and top-notch restaurants in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. People who've visited Auckland love its waterfront, shops, and museums.
Here are some popular places:
- Queen Street Shopping District
- Sky Tower
- Auckland Town Hall
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Auckland Domain
- Mt. Eden
- One Tree Hill Domain
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Auckland Zoo
- Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World
- Rainbow's End
Auckland is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Auckland
Figure out the ideal time to visit Auckland by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 73° F and nighttime temperatures average 57° F
- April-June: 68° F is the daytime average and 47° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 61° F and nighttime averages are around 46° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 71° F during the day and 50° F at night
- Average rainfall is 49.25 inches in a year
How to Get to Auckland and Around the Area
|Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) ||Airport ||10.9 mi (17.5 km) |
|Auckland Britomart Station ||Train Station ||0.4 mi (0.6 km) |
|Auckland Grafton Station ||Train Station ||1.2 mi (1.9 km) |
|Auckland Mt Eden Station ||Train Station ||1.4 mi (2.2 km) |