History buffs enjoy visiting Aviles though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, monuments, and bars.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Aviles
- The closest major airport is in Oviedo (OVD-Asturias), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Aviles
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Palacio de Camposagrado. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plaza de Espana and San Sebastian Bridge.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Aviles. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- NH Collection Palacio de Avilés - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a health club, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Hotel Palacio Valdés - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking.
- Hotel 40 Nudos - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
Getting Around Aviles
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Aviles Station. Aviles may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Aviles
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Average annual rainfall for Aviles is 1.22 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F