Bad Axe Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 6 inexpensive motels in Bad Axe among more than 23 lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you're likely to find an outdoor pool and a free parking spot.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite Bad Axe motels available to book:
Blue Spruce Motel
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Thumb Heritage Inn
- Free breakfast and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like an LED TV.
Bad Axe Motel
- Enjoy the in-room kitchenette, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Lakeside Motor Lodge
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool are available during your stay.
Executive Inn Cass City
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
What to Do in Bad Axe
Those visiting Bad Axe have good things to say about the bars. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Sanilac Petroglyphs Historic State Park
- Port Crescent State Park
- Huron County Nature Center and Wilderness Arboretum
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Bad Axe Fairgrounds
- Depner Farms
To learn more about local history, take some time at:
- Pointe aux Barques Lighthouse
- Harbor Beach Lighthouse
Bad Axe is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Bad Axe
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Bad Axe by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 47° F and nighttime temperatures average 14° F
- April-June: 79° F is the daytime average and 29° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 65° F during the day and 17° F at night
- Average rainfall is 32.99 inches in a year