Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Balbriggan, which is also known for its beaches and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music. Malahide Castle, Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre, and National Botanic Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 842 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dublin
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Balbriggan
A couple of favorite places to visit are Ardgillan Castle and Ardgillan Demesne. Additionally, in the area you'll find Malahide Castle and Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Bracken Court Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include National Botanic Gardens, located 16.6 mi (26.8 km) from the city center, and Tolka Park, which is 16.8 mi (27 km) away.
Getting Around Balbriggan
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Balbriggan Station. Balbriggan might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Balbriggan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Balbriggan is 29.88 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F