Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ballybofey, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its spas, bars, and riverfront.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Ballybofey
- The closest major airport is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Donegal (CFN), 26.1 mi (42 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballybofey
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Bluestack Mountains. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Glenmore Estate and Drumboe Castle.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa Rose Hotel & V Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Ballybofey
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Ballybofey gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 64°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F