Visitors to Bauma are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Rapperswil Castle, Swiss Science Center Technorama, and Shopping Center Glatt are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 346 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Zurich
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 16 mi (25.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bauma
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Rapperswil Castle, Swiss Science Center Technorama, and Shopping Center Glatt. In the area, you'll also find Zoo Zurich and Kunsthaus Zurich.
As you start planning your visit to Bauma, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 18 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Park Inn by Radisson Zürich Airport is located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the heart of Bauma. This 4-star hotel in Ruemlang features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar. Our customers like its quiet location and clean, quiet rooms.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Zurich Airport is 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from central Bauma. This 4.5-star hotel in Kloten features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bristol Hotel is 15.9 mi (25.7 km) from the center of Bauma. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Zurich can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Swiss National Museum, 16 mi/25.8 km from the city center, and Fraumuenster, which is 16.1 mi/25.8 km away.
Dressing for Bauma
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Bauma gets about 1.46 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F