Find Hotels in Biel
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Biel has to offer including the lakeside setting, mountain views, and hockey games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries and seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Bundeshaus, Stade de Suisse Wankdorf, and Bern Art Museum.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Biel
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Biel
The picturesque setting of City Park and Lake Biel exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum Schwab and Swiss Reformed City Church.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Biel. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Art Déco Hotel Elite - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Mercure Plaza Biel - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- City Hotel Biel Bienne - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Bundeshaus, 16.1 mi/25.9 km from the heart of the city, and Stade de Suisse Wankdorf, which is 15.8 mi (25.5 km) away.
Getting Around Biel
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Biel/Bienne Station. Biel may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Biel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Biel gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 27°F