Visiting Big Rapids
Visitors to Big Rapids are sure to enjoy the university setting and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, festivals, and live music.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Big Rapids
- The closest major airport is in Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County), 53.2 mi (85.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Big Rapids
The city's cultural venues include Artworks and Card Wildlife Education Center. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Ferris State University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Katke Golf Course and Falcon Head Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Big Rapids. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Two Hats Ranch - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Big Rapids, MI - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Quality Inn & Suites Big Rapids - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Big Rapids
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- About 36.61 inches of rain falls on Big Rapids each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 12°F