Visiting Blue Bay
Visitors to Blue Bay are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium and seafood restaurants. Ile aux Cerfs Beach, Rochester Falls, and Ganga Talao are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Blue Bay
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.), 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Blue Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Shandari Beach, Cambuse Beach, and Blue Bay Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Ile aux Cerfs Beach and Rochester Falls.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Blue Bay. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Shandrani Beachcomber All Inclusive - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Chantauvent Guesthouse - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
- Explora Prestige - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
A popular place to see outside the city is Ganga Talao, 13.9 mi/22.4 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Blue Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Blue Bay each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 65°F