Visitors to Brownwood are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, university setting, and golf courses. In Brownwood, there are 26 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Brownwood
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Lake Brownwood State Park, Hords Creek Lake, and Coleman City Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Howard Payne University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Brownwood Country Club and Brennan Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Brownwood. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Early - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Comanche Inn - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Brownwood - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Dressing for Brownwood
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Brownwood is 30.44 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F