Buchanan Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger South Bend area, you can select from 9 low-priced motels among more than 202 lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Buchanan has to offer. Notre Dame Stadium, Warren Dunes State Park, and Silver Beach are some of the popular places you can visit in the larger area.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels boomed after World War II when cars became more popular along with road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll often have access to your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels in the larger area:
Super 8 by Wyndham South Bend
- Located 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the heart of Buchanan
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Motel 6 South Bend - Mishawaka IN
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
- Central Buchanan is 11.7 mi (18.9 km) away
Red Roof Inn Elkhart
- Enjoy access to the snack bar/deli, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 23.7 mi (38.1 km) from the heart of Buchanan
Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor - St Joseph
- Central Buchanan is 16.3 mi (26.3 km) away
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like an LCD TV.
Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Benton Harbor MI
- 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the heart of Buchanan
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Buchanan
Here are favorite places in and around Buchanan:
- Notre Dame Stadium
- Warren Dunes State Park
- Silver Beach
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Fernwood Botanical Garden and Nature Preserve
- Lake Chapin
- Clay Township Park
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- South Bend Chocolate Factory
- Legend Park
- Potawatomi Zoo
Best Time to Visit Buchanan
Decide when you'd like to visit Buchanan by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 53° F and nighttime temperatures average 17° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 33° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 68° F during the day and 19° F at night
- Average rainfall is 37.99 inches in a year
How to Get to Buchanan and Around the Area
|South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.) ||Airport ||10.9 mi (17.6 km) |