Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Cabarete, which is also known for its bars and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and live music. Top sights around the area include Playa Dorada, Fort San Felipe, and Pico Isabel de Torres.
- You'll find 504 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Puerto Plata
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Plata (POP-Gregorio Luperon Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santiago (STI-Cibao Intl.), 27.1 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cabarete
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Cabarete Beach, Kite Beach, and Encuentro Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Playa Dorada and Fort San Felipe.
In Cabarete, you'll be able to select from 152 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ultravioleta Boutique Residences - This 4-star condo resort features a private beach, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its beach locale and pool.
- Hotel El Magnifico - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this condo resort. With a stay at this 2.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Natura Cabana - This 3.5-star hotel features a private beach, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Pico Isabel de Torres, 19.6 mi/31.5 km from the city center.
Dressing for Cabarete
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.69 inches of rain falls on Cabarete each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 68°F