Caledonia Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Hamilton area, you can select from 15 low-cost motels among the more than 141 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Caledonia has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include FirstOntario Centre and Royal Botanical Gardens in the area.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trip vacations, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels to choose from in the larger area:
City View Inn
- Located 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the heart of Caledonia
- Enjoy access to the coffee in the lobby, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Grimsby Ontario
- An indoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Caledonia is 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
Knights Inn Burlington, ON
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 19 mi (30.6 km) from the heart of Caledonia
Budget Inn 2000
- Central Caledonia is 14.6 mi (23.4 km) away
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay.
- 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the heart of Caledonia
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Caledonia
Must-see places in and around Caledonia include:
- FirstOntario Centre
- Royal Botanical Gardens
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Lake Huron
- Binbrook Conservation Area
- Ruthven Park National Historic Site
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Killman Zoo
- Little Ray's Reptile Zoo
- Wild Waterworks
Caledonia is also notable for its:
- Cultural attractions
- Historical sites
Best Time to Visit Caledonia
Decide when you'd like to visit Caledonia by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 46° F and nighttime temperatures average 14° F
- April-June: 79° F is the daytime average and 28° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 82° F and nighttime averages are around 46° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 65° F during the day and 17° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.94 inches in a year
How to Get to Caledonia and Around the Area
|Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.) ||Airport ||7.2 mi (11.6 km) |
|Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.) ||Airport ||33.7 mi (54.3 km) |