Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Callao, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars.
- You'll find 556 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lima
- The closest major airport is in Lima (LIM-Jorge Chavez Intl.), 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Callao
Favorite places to visit in the city include Minka Shopping Centre, Port of Callao, and Real Felipe Fortress. Additionally, you'll find National University of San Marcos and Major National University of San Marcos in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Callao. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Lima Airport - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Seamen's Club - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima Airport - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Callao
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- About 0 inches of rain falls on Callao each year
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 56°F