Visitors can enjoy all that Caniçal has to offer including its museums. Around the area, top sights include Palheiro Gardens, Madeira Stadium, and Monte Palace Gardens.
- There are 884 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Caniçal
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Palheiro Gardens, Madeira Stadium, and Monte Palace Gardens. Additionally, you'll find Botanical Garden in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Caniçal, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 235 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Apartments Yellow is 0.3 mi (0.6 km) from the center of Caniçal. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Funchal can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and beach locale.
- Belmond Reid's Palace is located 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the heart of Caniçal. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Funchal can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Golden Residence Hotel is 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from central Caniçal. This 5-star hotel in Funchal features a marina, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. Our customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Caniçal
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- Average annual rainfall for Caniçal is 0.91 inches
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 55°F