Visitors to Machico are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Palheiro Gardens, Madeira Stadium, and Monte Palace Gardens.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Machico
- The closest major airport is in Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Porto Santo (PXO), 32.9 mi (52.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Machico
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Sao Lourenco Point and Faial Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Santo da Serra Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Machico. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Vila Bela - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room LCD TVs.
- Quinta Do Lorde Resort Hotel Marina - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a marina, a private beach, and 3 restaurants.
- Hotel White Waters - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a bar.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Palheiro Gardens, located 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center, and Madeira Stadium, which is 8.9 mi (14.3 km) away.
Dressing for Machico
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 55°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 56°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Machico is 0.91 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are March and February with an average of 55°F