Visitors to Cassis are sure to enjoy the waterfront. The walkable and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Notre-Dame de la Garde, La Vieille Charite, and Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilisations.
- You'll find 896 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Marseille
- The closest major airport is in Marseille (MRS-Marseille - Provence), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Toulon (TLN-Toulon - Hyeres), 32 mi (51.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cassis
The city's natural beauty is on display at Cassis Beach, Cap Canaille Cliffs, and Gulf of Lion. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Cassis Harbour and Calanque de Port Miou are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Eglise St Michel and Calanques National Park.
In Cassis, you'll find 97 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Royal Cottage - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with a private pool.
- Best Western Hotel La Rade - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- INTER-HOTEL Cassis Port Cassitel - This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, parking, and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and comfortable beds.
Popular places to see in the area include Notre-Dame de la Garde, 10 mi/16.1 km from the city center, and La Vieille Charite, which is 10.7 mi/17.3 km away.
Getting Around Cassis
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Cassis is simple. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Cassis Station. You can find out about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Cassis
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Cassis is 23.11 inches
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F