Visiting Castellammare del Golfo
Visitors to Castellammare del Golfo are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Segesta Archaeological Site, Greek Temple of Segesta, and Venere Castle.
- There are 314 hotels and other accommodations in Castellammare del Golfo
- The closest major airport is in Palermo (PMO-Punta Raisi), 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Trapani (TPS-Vicenzo Florio), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castellammare del Golfo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Castellammare del Golfo Beach, Guidaloca Beach, and Alcamo Marina Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Maritime Museum Uzzaredru and Ethno-Anthropological Museum Annalisa Buccellato.
In Castellammare del Golfo, you'll find 314 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Sopra Le Mura - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Marina di Petrolo Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this property. Amenities at this property include a full-service spa and free WiFi.
- N'amuri Residence - Amenities at this property include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and convenient parking.
Popular places to see in the area include Segesta Archaeological Site, located 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city center, and Greek Temple of Segesta, which is 6.4 mi/10.2 km away.
Dressing for Castellammare del Golfo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Average annual rainfall for Castellammare del Golfo is 0.79 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 52°F