Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 23, 2020
Visiting Cathar Castles
Visitors to Cathar Castles are sure to enjoy the wineries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cocktail bars. A top sight in the city is Montsegur Castle.
- There are 585 hotels and other accommodations in Cathar Castles
- The closest major airport is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cathar Castles
Cultural venues in the city include Esperaza Hat Museum, Parc Australien, and Abbey of Alet-les-Bains. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Montsegur Castle, Rennes-le-Chateau Church, and Medieval City of Carcassonne. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and these places to visit: The Nature Trail And The Green Labyrinth, Ruisseau d'Escueillens, and Lac de Montbel.
In Cathar Castles, there are 585 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Maison Vintage Chambre d'Hôtes - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Les Balcons de Maragon - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Château de Palaja - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Popular places to visit around the area include Gorges de la Frau, 23.9 mi/38.5 km from the city center, and St-Michel-de-Cuixa Abbey, which is 31 mi (50 km) away.
Getting Around Cathar Castles
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Alet-les-Bains Station, Limoux Station, or Limoux Flassian Station. Cathar Castles might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Cathar Castles
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Cathar Castles each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F
More trip options
- Cathar Castles Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Cathar Castles Airports
- Hotels in Cathar Castles Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Cathar Castles Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Cathar Castles
- More Hotel Options in Cathar Castles
- More Popular Hotels in Occitanie
- Other Hotels near Cathar Castles, Occitanie
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends