Visitors can enjoy all that Cauterets has to offer including the ski areas, mountain views, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and bars. Top sights around the area include Rosary Basilica and Notre-Dame de l'Immaculee-Conception.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Cauterets
- The closest major airport is in Lourdes (LDE-Tarbes - Lourdes - Pyrenees Intl.), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cauterets
Favorite places to visit in the city include Cirque du Lys Gondola, Pont d'Espagne, and Lac de Gaube. Additionally, you might want to add Pyrenees National Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Cauterets. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Le Lion d'Or - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel Restaurant Les Edelweiss - Our customers like the helpful staff and bathrooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Odalys Hotel-Residence Aladin - With a stay at this 3-star residence, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Rosary Basilica, located 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Notre-Dame de l'Immaculee-Conception, which is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) away.
Dressing for Cauterets
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Cauterets gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F