Visitors to Changuinola are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 102 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bocas del Toro (BOC-Bocas del Toro Intl.), 19.9 mi (32 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Changuinola
Places to visit in the larger region include Calvin Byron Stadium, Starfish Beach, and Institute for Tropical Ecology & Conservation - Bocas del Toro Biological Station. You'll also find Myrick Stadium and Almirante Port in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Changuinola, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 102 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Playa Tortuga Hotel Beach And Resort is 19 mi (30.6 km) from the center of Changuinola. This 4-star hotel in Big Creek features 2 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge is 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from central Changuinola. Guests who stay at this 3-star lodge in Bocas del Toro can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Tropical Suites Hotel is located 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the heart of Changuinola. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star aparthotel in Bocas del Toro can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Changuinola
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 94°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Changuinola gets about 112.68 inches of rain per year
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 68°F