Visiting Chek Lap Kok
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chek Lap Kok, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and walkable setting. AsiaWorld-Expo, Ngong Ping 360, and Po Lin Monastery are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Chek Lap Kok
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 1.2 mi (2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 23.8 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chek Lap Kok
A couple of favorite places to visit are AsiaWorld-Expo and Skypier. In the area, you'll also find Ngong Ping 360 and Po Lin Monastery.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Big Buddha, located 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center, and Hong Kong Disneyland, which is 8.2 mi/13.2 km away.
Getting Around Chek Lap Kok
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hong Kong Airport Station or Hong Kong AsiaWorld Expo Station. Chek Lap Kok might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Chek Lap Kok
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 57°F at night
- About 3.19 inches of rain falls on Chek Lap Kok each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 56°F