Visiting Discovery Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Discovery Bay, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Hong Kong Disneyland, AsiaWorld-Expo, and Po Lin Monastery.
- There are 689 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Discovery Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Lantau Island. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Discovery Bay Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hong Kong Disneyland and AsiaWorld-Expo.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Po Lin Monastery, located 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city center, and Big Buddha, which is 7.3 mi (11.7 km) away.
Dressing for Discovery Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 57°F at night
- About 3.19 inches of rain falls on Discovery Bay each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 56°F