History buffs will enjoy exploring Cheyenne, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the city is Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Cheyenne
- The closest major airport is in Cheyenne, WY (CYS-Cheyenne Regional), 1.2 mi (2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Laramie, WY (LAR-Laramie Regional), 46.2 mi (74.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cheyenne
Cultural venues in the city include Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum, Wyoming State Museum, and Nelson Museum of the West. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Wyoming Historic Governors' Mansion. The picturesque setting of Cheyenne Botanic Gardens and Curt Gowdy State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cheyenne. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Cheyenne SW/Downtown Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne Southwest/Downtown Area - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Cheyenne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Cheyenne gets about 15.94 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F