Visitors can enjoy all that Chivay has to offer including the live music, entertainment choices, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and museums.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Chivay
- The closest major airport is in Arequipa (AQP-Rodriguez Ballon Intl.), 47.4 mi (76.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chivay
A couple of favorite places to visit are Cathedral Of Chivay and Thermal Baths of La Calera. You'll also find Church of Coporaque and Church of Yanque in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Chivay. Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Casa Andina Standard Colca - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Chivay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Chivay gets about 0.59 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 43°F