Visitors to Cochem are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and local tours. A top sight in the area is Nuerburgring.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Cochem
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (HHN-Frankfurt - Hahn), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cochem
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Cochem Historic Mustard Mill. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Moselle Promenade. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Reichsburg Cochem and Hieronimi Winery.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Cochem. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Vinum Cochem - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Germania - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a café.
- Hotel Traumblick - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Nuerburgring, 16.1 mi/26 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Cochem
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Cochem Station. Cochem might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Cochem
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 27°F at night
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Cochem each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 27°F