Find Motels in Columbia Falls
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Columbia Falls
Other property types in Columbia Falls
Meadow Lake Resort
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2020
Travel Inn - Glacier National Park
Reviewed on Oct 22, 2020
Cedar Creek Lodge and Conference Center
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
Columbia Falls Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Whitefish area, there are 14 inexpensive motels among more than 856 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Columbia Falls. Not-to-be-missed sights include Glacier National Park in Columbia Falls, as well as Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort and Lake McDonald in the area.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below you'll find some of our customers' top motels to book in the larger area:
- If driving, you'll be within 18 minutes of Glacier National Park.
- Enjoy access to the picnic area, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Laundry facilities along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Columbia Falls is 5.7 mi (9.2 km) away
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Located 12.4 mi (20 km) from the heart of Columbia Falls
- Central Columbia Falls is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) away
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the heart of Columbia Falls
- Enjoy the in-room flat-screen TV, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
Things to Do in Columbia FallsVisitors to Columbia Falls speak highly of the glaciers and parks. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
Here are favorite places in and around Columbia Falls:
- Glacier National Park
- Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort
- Lake McDonald
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Spoon Lake
- Flathead National Forest
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- House of Mystery and Montana Vortex
- Big Sky Waterpark
Columbia Falls is also popular for its:
- Horseback riding
Best Time to Visit Columbia FallsDecide when you'd like to visit Columbia Falls by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 15° F
- April-June: 76° F is the daytime average and 29° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 84° F and nighttime averages are around 33° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 63° F during the day and 14° F at night
- Average rainfall is 17.01 inches in a year
How to Get to Columbia Falls and Around the Area
|Kalispell, MT (FCA-Glacier Park Intl.)||Airport||5.6 mi (9 km)|