Visiting Costa de Almeria
Visitors can enjoy all that Costa de Almeria has to offer including the volcano viewpoints and water parks. This city also attracts tourists with its secluded setting. Top sights in the city include El Toyo Beach, Cabo de Gata-Níjar Natural Park, and Playa de los Muertos.
- There are 459 hotels and other accommodations in Costa de Almeria
- The closest major airport is in Almeria (LEI), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Costa de Almeria
Cultural venues in the city include Teatro Auditorio Roquetas de Mar, House of Cinema, and Almeria Center Art Museum. Attractions like Mario Park, Roquetas de Mar Aquarium, and Castor Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza del Mar, Puerta de Purchena Square, and Almeria Cathedral.
In Costa de Almeria, there are 459 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Moon & SPA - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- MC San José - This 4-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a sauna.
- Boutique Hotel El Tio Kiko - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Costa de Almeria include El Toyo Beach, Cabo de Gata-Níjar Natural Park, and Playa de los Muertos. One of the popular sights outside the city is Oasys MiniHollywood, located 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Costa de Almeria
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Almería Station. Costa de Almeria might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Costa de Almeria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Average annual rainfall for Costa de Almeria is 8.74 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 48°F