Visiting Shawnigan Lake
Visitors can enjoy all that Shawnigan Lake has to offer including the parks, monuments, and museums. Top sights around the area include Butchart Gardens and Fisgard Lighthouse.
- You'll find 44 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Duncan
- The closest major airport is in Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.), 13.3 mi (21.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Victoria, BC (YWH-Victoria Inner Harbour), 22.4 mi (36 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shawnigan Lake
The city's natural beauty is on display at West Shawnigan Lake Provincial Park, Old Mill Park, and Memory Island Provincial Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kinsol Trestle and Shawnigan Lake Museum.
As you plan your vacation to Shawnigan Lake, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 21 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Stonekroft Guesthouse is 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from central Shawnigan Lake. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Shawnigan Lake can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Elegance in the Countryside is 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the center of Shawnigan Lake. This 3-star hotel in Victoria features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Sylvan Meadows Suite - Charming Retreat in the Heart of Cowichan Valley is located 6 mi (9.6 km) from the heart of Shawnigan Lake. This 4-star hotel in Victoria features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its bar and pool.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Butchart Gardens, 13.1 mi/21.1 km from the city center, and Fisgard Lighthouse, which is 19.6 mi/31.6 km away.
Dressing for Shawnigan Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Shawnigan Lake gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 29°F