Visitors to Crete are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's baseball games, coffeehouses, and parks. Top sights in the area include Nebraska State Capitol and Memorial Stadium.
- You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lincoln
- The closest major airport is in Lincoln, NE (LNK), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Crete
University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Doane University and Boswell Observatory. Additionally, you might want to add Tuxedo Park to your agenda.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Crete - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Crete
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- About 28.94 inches of rain falls on Crete each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 16°F