Families enjoy visiting Danville though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, university setting, and monuments.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Danville
- The closest major airport is in Champaign, IL (CMI-University Of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Williard), 35.5 mi (57.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Danville
Favorite places to visit in the city include David S. Palmer Arena, Harrison Park Golf Course, and Vermilion County War Museum. You'll also find Kickapoo State Park and Heron County Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Danville. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sleep Inn And Suites Danville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Danville - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Danville - This 2.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Danville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Average annual rainfall for Danville is 42.01 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 21°F