Visiting Desert Hot Springs
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Desert Hot Springs, and visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas, world-class hot springs, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its live music and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include River, Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, and Palm Springs Air Museum.
- You'll find 1847 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Palm Springs
- The closest major airport is in Palm Springs, CA (PSP-Palm Springs Intl.), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bermuda Dunes, CA (UDD), 20 mi (32.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Desert Hot Springs
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Cabot's Pueblo Museum. The city's desert and hot springs provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Coachella Valley Preserve - Thousand Palms Oasis Preserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Desert Hot Springs Town Center and Desert Dunes Golf Club.
In Desert Hot Springs, you'll be able to select from 58 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tuscan Springs Hotel & Spa - This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Lido Palms Resort & Spa - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- THE SPRING Resort & Spa - This 2.5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include River, 16.1 mi/25.9 km from the city center, and Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, which is 7.9 mi (12.6 km) away.
Dressing for Desert Hot Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 106°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 108°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 95°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Desert Hot Springs gets about 4.41 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 106°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 45°F