Visiting Joshua Tree
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Joshua Tree, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the parks and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and cafés.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Twentynine Palms
- The closest major airport is in Palm Springs, CA (PSP-Palm Springs Intl.), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bermuda Dunes, CA (UDD), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Joshua Tree
Favorite places to visit in the city include Joshua Tree Community Center, Joshua Tree Visitor Center, and Hi-Desert Cultural Center. In the area, you'll also find Joshua Tree National Park West Entrance and Hi-Desert Nature Museum.
In Joshua Tree, you'll be able to select from 72 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- High Desert Motel Joshua Tree National Park - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Joshua Tree
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 107°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 109°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 92°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Joshua Tree gets about 0.20 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 106°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F