Find Hotels in Douro Valley
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $40
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 12, 2019
Visiting Douro Valley
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Douro Valley, and visitors give high marks for the array of wineries and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its tucked away and rural setting.
- There are 271 hotels and other accommodations in Douro Valley
- The closest major airport is in Vila Real (VRL), 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Viseu (VSE), 38.3 mi (61.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Douro Valley
Cultural venues in the city include Douro Museum, Museu do Douro, and Vila Flor Municipal Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Solar de Mateus, Parque Arqueologico do Vale do Coa, and Church of Sabrosa. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Jardim da Avenida Doutor Francisco Sa Carneiro, Carreira Gardens, and Doctor Horacio de Sousa Garden.
In Douro Valley, you'll find 271 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Quinta do Bosque - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Original Douro Hotel - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Quinta de S. Bernardo Winery & Farmhouse - This 4-star country house features a winery, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Douro Valley
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Regua Station. Douro Valley might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Douro Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 49.52 inches of rain falls on Douro Valley each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 41°F