Visiting El Centro
Families will find kid-friendly activities in El Centro, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and seaside.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in El Centro
- The closest major airport is in El Centro, CA (IPL-Imperial County), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mexicali, Baja California Norte (MXL-General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada Intl.), 21.2 mi (34.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in El Centro
The city's cultural venues include Pioneers' Park Museum and Imperial Valley Desert Museum. The desert and seaside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bucklin Park, Sonny Bono Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge, and Eager Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Imperial Valley Mall and Gran Plaza Outlets.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in El Centro. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Calexico - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn El Centro - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Desert Inn - This 2-star motel features 3 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for El Centro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 105°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 107°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 96°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- El Centro gets about 1.72 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 106°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F