Visiting Excursion Inlet
Travelers to Excursion Inlet will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Excursion Inlet, AK (EXI), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Gustavus, AK (GST), 11.8 mi (18.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Excursion Inlet
Places to visit in the larger region include Glacier Bay National Park, Nagoon Berry Trail, and Mt. Fairweather Golf Course. Additionally, you'll find 1957 Gustavus Plane Crash Site and Sentinel Island Lighthouse in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Excursion Inlet, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 5 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Annie Mae Lodge is 14 mi (22.6 km) from the center of Excursion Inlet. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Gustavus features free breakfast, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Alaskan Island Escape is 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from central Excursion Inlet. Guests who stay at this 3-star lodge in Gustavus can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Glacier Bay Country Inn is located 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from the heart of Excursion Inlet. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Gustavus can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Excursion Inlet
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 63°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 52°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Excursion Inlet gets about 59.29 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 63°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F