Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Juneau, which is also known for its glaciers and shopping. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its local tours. A top sight in the city is Mendenhall Glacier.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in Juneau
- The closest major airport is in Juneau, AK (JNU-Juneau Intl.), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Excursion Inlet, AK (EXI), 49.1 mi (79 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Juneau
Cultural venues in the city include Macaulay Salmon Hatchery, Last Chance Mining Museum, and Juneau-Douglas City Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church, Wickersham House State Historic Site, and Sentinel Island Lighthouse. The glaciers and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Mendenhall Glacier, Taku Glacier, and Mendenhall Ice Caves.
In Juneau, you'll be able to select from 54 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alaskas Capital Inn Bed & Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Juneau can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Best Western Country Lane Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this motel. This 2.5-star motel in Mendenhall Valley features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Silverbow Inn - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown Juneau can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Juneau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 44°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 52°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Juneau gets about 62.24 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 63°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F