Visitors to Fribourg are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cathedral, and art.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Fribourg
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fribourg
The city's cultural venues include Art and History Museum and Museum of Natural History. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Nicolas Cathedral, Jo Siffert Fountain, and Bern Bridge. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Fribourg Centre is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Fribourg. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel Aux Remparts - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Hotel De La Rose - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and a snack bar/deli.
- Au Parc Hôtel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a nightclub. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Fribourg
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Fribourg Station. Fribourg may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Fribourg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- Fribourg gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F