History buffs will enjoy exploring Gallup, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Gallup
- The closest major airport is in Gallup, NM (GUP-Gallup Municipal), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gallup
A favorite place to visit in the city is Gallup Cultural Center. You'll also find Fire Rock Navajo Casino and Red Rock State Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Gallup. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gallup - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gallup East - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Gallup - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Gallup
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Gallup Station. Gallup might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gallup
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 12°F as the nighttime average
- Gallup gets about 11.56 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F