Visitors to Hofn are sure to enjoy the glaciers and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and local tours.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Hofn
- The closest major airport is in Hornafjordur (HFN), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hofn
Cultural venues in the city include Hornafjordur Art Museum, Huldusteinn, and Hofn Glacier Museum. The glaciers, mountain views, and northern lights highlight the city's natural beauty, and Vatnajokull, Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, and Fjallsárlón are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Silfurnes Golf Course and The Thorbergur Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Hofn. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Milk factory - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Hali Country Hotel - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Höfn guesthouse - This 2.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Hofn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 36°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 49°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 53°F with nighttime averages of 37°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 43°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Hofn gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 51°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 26°F