Visitors to Hornindal are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, shopping, and museums.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Sandane (SDN-Anda), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orsta-Volda (HOV-Hovden), 21 mi (33.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hornindal
A couple of favorite places to visit are Hornindal Church and Anders Svor Museum. You'll also find Hellesylt Beach and Loen Skylift in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- First Hotel Raftevold - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hornindal
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Hornindal each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 25°F