Visiting Isla Grande
Visitors can enjoy all that Isla Grande has to offer including its parks. In Isla Grande, there are 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Panama City (PTY-Tocumen Intl.), 41 mi (65.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Panama City (PAC-Marcos A. Gelabert Intl.), 45.8 mi (73.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Isla Grande
A favorite place to visit in the city is Portobelo National Park. You'll also find Isla Mamey and Blanca Beach in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Isla Grande, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 16 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Coconut Grove Lodge is located in the heart of Isla Grande. This 2.5-star resort in Isla Grande features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its beach locale and pool.
- Sister Moon Hotel is located in central Isla Grande. This 2.5-star hotel in Isla Grande features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar.
- Brother Sun Villas is located 0.1 mi (0.2 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star vacation home in Isla Grande can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
Dressing for Isla Grande
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 92°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Isla Grande is 2.56 inches
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F