Visiting Island Park
Nature enthusiasts and bargain hunters enjoy visiting Island Park though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its jazz scene.
- There are 216 hotels and other accommodations in Island Park
- The closest major airport is in West Yellowstone, MT (WYS-Yellowstone), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Island Park
The city's natural beauty is on display at Island Park Dam, Big Springs, and Caribou-Targhee National Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mack's Inn Playhouse and Harriman State Park.
In Island Park, there are 216 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Eagle Ridge Ranch - With a stay at this 2.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a spa tub and concierge services, along with a private patio. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Kilgore Mountain Hideaway B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a terrace.
- Timbers at Island Park Village Resort - This 3-star condo resort features free parking, conference space, and a computer station. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Old Faithful, 27.5 mi/44.3 km from the heart of the city, and Grand Geyser, which is 27 mi (43.5 km) away.
Dressing for Island Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 0°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 17°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 24°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and -2°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Island Park is 22.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 0°F